Melissa Orlov is a marriage consultant and one of the top experts in how ADHD affects relationships. She has been writing and speaking about the topic since 2007, researching it since 2005. She has worked with Dr. Hallowell since 2004, writing ADHD articles and newsletters, and assisting with educational programs delivered by Dr. Hallowell and Dr. John Ratey. She teaches couples, therapists, counselors and coaches about how ADHD impacts relationships, blogs for Psychology Today and wrote the Your Relationships column for ADDitude Magazine from 2008-2014 She also consults privately with couples who wish to improve their ADHD-impacted relationships.
She is the author of The ADHD Effect on Marriage, which was awarded “Best Psychological Book of 2010” by ForeWord Reviews. It is available in paperback, electronic and audio versions, as well as Dutch and Chinese. Her latest book, The Couple’s Guide to Thriving with ADHD, was released in April, 2014.
ADD Audio Library Classes by Melissa Orlov
- How to Thrive in Marriage with ADHD
- Just Right!: Balancing ADHD and Non-ADHD Needs in Your Relationship
- Overcoming Anger and Frustration in Relationships Affected by ADHD
- Power & Control Dynamics in ADD/ADHD Relationships
- The ADHD Effect on Marriage